(形) 干的; 口渴的; 干燥的
(形) 乾的; 口渴的; 乾燥的
“Are you 5 years old?” Jessica asked with a resigned sigh. She wiped a few strands of hair back from her damp face and reached for a dish towel to dry off with, only to have Caden spray water on that, too.
“Now grab your jacket. And dry off your hair,” he added, for which she smacked him on the arm with the book while he ran off to the living room. She quickly chased after him, laughing as she went.
Are my socks dry already?
Bring me a dry towel.
Cold and dry, splendid sunshine, what beautiful winter weather!
Cut, wash and dry, please.
Do you want dry cleaning or regular wash?
Hang your clothes out to dry!
He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
It gets very humid here in the summer. In the winter, on the other hand, it gets very dry.
2. arid: stale, sear, parched, barren
3. thirsty: parched, dehydrated, droughty
4. unadorned: naked, bald, plain, unembellished
5. boring: barren, dreary, dull, jejune, tedious, tiresome, uninteresting
6. sarcastic: biting, satirical, humorous, arcane, keen, subtle, pointed
7. abstinent: temperate, ascetic
8. wipe: evaporate, soak up, wither, swab, drain, bake