4. (esprit) acuto; perspicace 5. (grandeur) fine; fino; sottile 6. (textiles) delicato; fine; liscio; morbido; sottile
7. (corps) magro; esile; snello 8. (caractère) scaltro; accorto
"Fin de siecle," murmured Lord Henry.
"Fin du globe," answered his hostess.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
A sort of sentry-man, a Fin, grey all over like the timber, and with a huge old-fashioned shako, like a pot, on his head, and with a halberd (and how ever came a sentry, if you think of it, on the banks of the Moskva!) drew near, and turning his wrinkled face, like an old woman's, towards me, he observed,
Charyou tree, fin de ano, these are the old ways of which only the stuffy-guys with their red hands remain... until tonight.
If I don' fin' him, I head for stair and run nor'.
If you are moving slowly (particularly when you start a race), flap the fins to increase Tux's speed.
Sharks are killed for their fins.
The Fin-Back is not gregarious.
The fin had been as white as the belly of a maggot.
1. rusé: astucieux, adroit, avisé, délié, malin, pénétrant, perspicace, clairvoyant, sagace, spirituel, subtil
2. svelte: ténu, délié, grêle, léger, menu, mince
3. délicat: sensible, suave, affable
4. supérieur: pur, précieux, élégant, joli, soyeux
5. but: destination, objet, motif, finalité
6. bout: conclusion, dénouement, solution, terme, terminaison, épilogue, couronnement, issue, limite, clôture, confins, extrémité
7. chute: ruine, tombée